The heart is important organ in our body, the heart delivers oxygen, nutrients, and other substance to all the body’s cell and removes the waste products of cellular metabolism. Acupuncture supports a healthy heart:
- Acupuncture with herbal medicine regulates heart beats and improves patient outcomes for patients taking drugs. Researchers from the Chinese Medicine tested the efficacy of combining acupuncture and herbs with drug therapy. The addition of the Traditional Chinese Medicine therapies has shown increased positive patient outcomes by 28% for patients with tachycardia, arrhythmias, and palpitations (1)
- Acupuncture can reduce pressure on the heart and improve the condition of individuals with severer heart failure.
The heart failure is a common cause of morbidity and mortality. The prevalence of heart failure is increasing worldwide due to both an aging population and significant advances in the management of associated comorbidities, such as ischemic heart disease, arrhythmia, diabetes mellitus, stroke, and hypertension.
Acupuncture can reduce pressure on the heart and improve the condition of individuals with severer heart failure. The patients, who used Traditional Chinese Medicine support for Heart Failure treatment showed significantly increase in 5-year survival with multivariate adjustment, compared with those without use Traditional Chinese Medicine support.
- Acupuncture decreased the risk of coronary heart disease in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia in Taiwan.
Patients of rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia receiving manual acupuncture of traditional Chinese medicine style, electroacupuncture, or combination of both had a lower incidence of coronary heart disease than patients never receiving acupuncture treatment. The beneficial effect of acupuncture on preventing coronary heart disease was independent of age, sex, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and statins use. (3), (4)
- Oncotarget, 2017, Vol 8, (No. 52), pp: 90465-90476
- BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2018) 18:341 ,
- Arthritis Research & Therapy (2017) 19:37